The Haute-Loire as a whole has a very interesting heritage (churches, abbeys, castles, beautiful villages in France ,...), wild and preserved, crossed by the Loire and Allier. So treat yourself and come see us!
Close to the mountains, the Meygal and Mézenc, the Countries of the Velay is a crossroads of hiking trail, beautiful ballads by the day or half day available to you!
Brochures available in the cottage.
Due to its geographical location, you will find a lot of entertainment : discover Le Puy-en-Velay, the starting point of the "Via Podiensis" to Saint-Jacques de Compostele in Spain, Le Puy-en-Velay is primarily a exceptional site!
Preserved from the ravages of time, the city holds many surprises to visitors: May 1, the "15 kms international race" through the city, festivals in July and August, 15th of August is the well known procession of the "vierge noire" (Black Virgin) in the streets. Renaissance celebrations of the King of the Bird (roi de l'oiseau) in September, the Fun Fair from October 15 to November 12, the international gathering of balloons the weekend of November 11, entertainment for the Christmas holidays, etc ...
Historical monuments: the Cathedral, World Heritage Site by Unesco, the statue of the Virgin Marie, the interactive museum of the Hotel-Dieu, the rock of St. Michel Aiguilhe, the statue of Saint Joseph, Henri Vinay Garden, the Crozatier museum, the tourist train, the educational center of the lace, the lace museum, etc ...
- Arsac-en-Velay : Bouzols castle: outdoor tour around the castle (donkeys to accompany rent hikes)
- Mont Gerbier des Joncs : The source of the Loire river
- Les Estables : Mount Mézenc, the highest point of the Haute-Loire (1752m)
- Polignac : the fortress and the tower
- Saint-Germain Laprade the factory of Verbena (Verveine)
- Saugues : the beast of "Gévaudan"
- Chavaniac-Lafayette : Castle of marquis de La Fayette
- La Chaise-Dieu : the abbey, and the festival at the end of august
- Lacs : "du Bouchet", "d’Issarlés", "Saint-Front"
- La gare : Skating Rink & Recreation (Skating rink, playground area, Hoverkart) in Lantriac 2 km away
- Golf : at "les Pandraux" 5 km away : 18 holes golf course
- Mountain bike: many durt roads in the countryside
- Cycle tourism
- Swimming pool : at "Brives-Charensac" 3 km away, "Saint-Julien Chapteuil" 10 km away, "Le Monastier sur Gazeille" 12 km away, "Le Puy-en-Velay" 13 km away
- Skiing : Cross country skiing, downhill, snowshoeing, sledding, in "Les Estables", 40 km away, depending on snow
- The "Transcévenole" from Peyrard to Présailles (25 km), in spring and fall
- GR 65: road to "St Jacques de Compostelle", starts from "Le Puy-en-Velay"
- GR 70: "Road Stevenson", from Le Puy to St Jean du Gard via Le Monastier sur Gazeille and the Lozère region
- GR 430: Saint-Régis' path
- GR 3: The Loire river's path,
- GR 700: "Voie Regordane" to "St Gilles du Gard" through the Cévennes region
- GR 40: Tour of the volcanoes of the Velay